What is Therapeutic Recreation?
Recreational therapy, also known as therapeutic recreation is a systematic process that utilizes recreation and other activity-based interventions to address the assessed needs of individuals with illnesses and/or disabling conditions, as a means to psychological and physical health, recovery and well-being. (Taken from nctrc.org Sept 28/2017)
What we do
- Individual (1:1) programs
- Person-centered care
- Assessments based on individual leisure interests
- Goal setting with measurable outcomes
- Holistic programming focused on the social, physical, cognitive, emotional and spiritual well-being of the client
Where we work
WE COME TO YOU!
- In home care
- Out in the community
- Nursing & Retirement facilities
Anyone interested in improving their well-being through leisure!
- Intellectual and physical disabilities
- Mental health and addiction recovery
How does recreation help?
- Leisure Education
- Improves social skills
- Strength build
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Aid in weight loss
……and so much more
5 Domains of Therapeutic Recreation
The ability of all body systems to function efficiently and effectively during work and play.
The ability to deal comfortably and appropriately with emotions.
The ability to enjoy meaningful relationships with other people in ones environment.
The ability to find purpose in life.
The ability to learn and function intellectually.